Wednesday, April 28, 2010
WebLogic Server 10.3.3.0 released. It now has JSF 2.0 support!!
And here is the short howto:
- Download and install one of the latest Oracle WebLogic Server 11g Rel 1 (10.3.3) Installers from OTN. (Give the ZIP Installer a try. Aweseome lightweight!)
- Create a new sample domain (call it whatever you want) and start the admin server
- Open the administration console (http://localhost:7001/console/)
- deploy the JSF 2.0 library (Deployments - Install - wlserver_10.3\common\deployable-libraries\jsf-2.0.war
- Find your favorite JSF 2.0 sample (I'll take the guessNumber thing from the mojarra-2.0.2 distribution)
- Add a weblogic.xml file to the WEB-INF/ folder with the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- Package the guessNumber app
- Deploy the app to the WebLogic server
- give it a try: http://localhost:7001/guessNumber
As you can see, the new JSF 2.0 features are available :) great work!
And the best of all, this is not even explicitly mentioned in the "what's new documentation for WLS" :) A single line indicates JSF support for 2.0, 1.2, 1.1.