Learn more about JBoss EAP 7 in the Summit presentation (PDF) by Bilge Ozpeynirci (Sr. Product Manager) and Dimitris Andreadis (Sr. Engineering Manag)
New Features At A Glance
- Java 7 support has been discontinued allowing for deeper integration with the Java 8 runtime. While Java 9 is still in development, this release runs on the current development snapshots.
- WildFly 10 CR2 includes the ActiveMQ Artemis project as its JMS broker, and due to the protocol compatibility, it fully replaces the HornetQ project.
- In addition to the offline CLI support (WildFly 9) for standalone mode, you can now launch a host-controller locally within the CLI.
- WildFly 10 includes the Undertow JS project, which allows you to write server side scripts that can pull in CDI beans and JPA Entity Beans. Learn more in this blog-post by Stuard Douglas.
- WildFly 10 adds the ability to deploy a given application as a "singleton deployment" with automatic failover to another node in case of failure.
- HA Singleton MDBs and MDB Delivery Groups.
- WildFly now pools stateless session beans by default, using a pool size that is computed relative to the size of the IO worker pool, which is itself auto-tuned to match system resources.
- Migration Operations for old subsystems such as jbossweb (AS 7.1), jacorb (WildFly 8), and hornetq (WildFly 9)
- Hibernate 5 included
Download WildFly CR2 from the wildfly.org download site. Unpack into a folder of your choice and unzip the distribution. Change to the bin directory and type:
Which will start WildFly lightning fast:
Access the main page with your browser at http://localhost:8080 and see the new admin console at http://localhost:9990
08:09:58,353 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) Full 10.0.0.CR2 (WildFly Core 2.0.0.CR5) started in 3686ms
Please give it a try with all your latest projects and let the team know, what you need or missing. Reach out to them via: